Welcome to the Pearl School of Art
Creativity and the Arts
The Pearl School of Art is devoted to nurturing creativity and dedicated to fostering an appreciation of the arts. In the studio, students will have the opportunity to work through a series of activities and projects that meet specific art objectives. We have the ability to offer a more in depth teaching due to small class sizes and the interest in art by our students. Students will be able to enjoy the Pearl School of Art, whether you are a beginning student or a serious amateur, we invite you to enroll.
The Pearl Fincher is proud to have educational support provided by Texas Women for the Arts (TWA), a program of the Texas Cultural Trust.
The Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Arts is located on Cypresswood Drive near the intersection with Stuebner-Airline.
6815 Cypresswood Drive
Spring, TX 77379
Spring Break Camp
Spring break art camp is back with new art projects inspired by the season and our Spring exhibitions! This half-day, full week camp will be full of mixed media art projects as students work in clay, drawing materials, paint and even sand art! Projects differ between age groups according to what is appropriate for their skill set.
Registration Open Now!
Small classes increase student interactions with talented faculty members. A distinguishing feature of the art classes at the Pearl School of Art is ready access to works of original art on exhibition at the Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Arts.
When children get a chance to express their creativity and dive into art, they develop confidence, increase their empathy, and discover how to look at the world from different perspectives. All those skills help prepare students to take on the world with passion and creativity.
Artistic and creative expression offers many benefits. You’re busy with work and life demands, so fitting in an art class might be challenging. But, nurturing your creative side is essential to your well-being — not to mention lots of fun!
Art Workshops are designed for beginners, but all levels are welcome! Artist instructors offer a variety of workshops throughout the year exploring different media and techniques. Typically, one daytime or two evening sessions are offered for each workshop.
Registration and Safety Guidelines
The Pearl School of Art is a part of the Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Arts, and as such complies with all policies and procedures from the museum, as appropriate, for the proper administration and management of the school. The school reserves the right to amend, add, and delete policies and regulations, as necessary, as well as the right to change programs, dates, and personnel, noted in this schedule.
Parental and Adult Consent
- By registering for a Pearl Fincher Museum School of Art class, I agree to accept the museum’s COVID 19 safety precautions, and I agree to hold harmless Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Arts should I, the student, becomes ill or my child becomes ill. It is understood that participation in the Pearl Fincher Museum School of Art classes is at the participant’s own risk.
- By registering I further agree and affirm that I, the student, or my child have not exhibited symptoms or received a positive COVID-19 diagnosis within 14 days of each class attended, and have not traveled to or from a geographic location requiring 14-day quarantine according to CDC guidelines. I also affirm that I, the student, or my child has not been in close contact with an individual who has had a positive COVID-19 diagnosis with 14 days of each class attended.
- I agree to communicate any change in this status promptly to School of Art administrators.
- All students must register for classes within their age group.
- Tuition must be paid in full for a student to be considered enrolled.
- Classes are filled on a first-come—first-served basis.
- Please review your registration for accuracy before submitting. The school is not responsible for incorrect information submitted on registration forms.
- The school reserves the right to cancel courses that are undersubscribed and to determine the point at which a course is considered to be full.
- Students enrolled in classes that are canceled because of low enrollment will be notified by the School of Art administrator prior to the start of the semester and given an opportunity to enroll in another class, subject to availability, or to receive a full 100% refund or credit.
- Processing fee will not be charged if class is canceled by museum.
- Classes are designed for the participating student to have a special one-on-one learning experience together.
- Parents may visit the classroom before the first class begins to see the space.
- All materials are included in the cost of registration for most classes, unless otherwise noted.
- Shared materials may be sanitized with wipes as needed.
- Unfortunately, we will not be allowing parents and other family members to wait in the museum foyer or in the classroom during class.
- Feel free to visit the gallery and the museum store.
- Students and instructors have the option to wear masks inside the museum.
- Students may bring in water bottles with a closable lid/cap. Snacks may be eaten if brought in by individuals.
- Parents should pick up students at the end of class from the main lobby. Parents may wait inside the lobby.
- Class sizes have been reduced to maintain proper social distancing.
- We are asking all staff and teachers not to come to work if they are showing cold/flu-like symptoms.
- What parents can do:
- Keep your child at home if they are showing cold/flu symptoms.
- If a family member has been exposed or showing symptoms, we ask that you do not send your student to class.
- Please talk to your child about healthy practices in regard to contact.
- Handwashing facilities and sanitizers are readily available.
Museum Member Discounts
- Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Arts (PFMFA) members are eligible for a $25 tuition discount for one student. For discounts for more than one child from the same family, a Family Level Membership or Patron Level and above membership must be actively held.
- Click to learn more about the various levels of membership and benefits.
Cancellations, Changes and Refunds
- No refunds will be issued within 7 days prior to the start of class or camp.
- Cultured Pearl Studio – above is within 72 hours.
- No refunds are issued for “no-shows.”
- A $75 processing and materials fee will be deducted from any refunds.
- Cultured Pearl Studio – A $25 processing and materials fee will be deducted from any refunds.
- Refund of tuition is given for class cancellations if written notice is received 7 days prior to the first class or camp meeting. Without 7 days written notice, total tuition is forfeited.
- Cultured Pearl Studio – above is needed with a 72 hour notice.
- Cancellation requests must be made in writing and can be emailed to [email protected].
- Registrations received less than 7 days prior to the first class meeting, including same-day registrations, are considered final and are nonrefundable.
- Cultured Pearl Studio – above applies when received less than 72 hours.
- Check refunds are processed after all classes have met twice. Approximately 10–14 days after paperwork is transferred to the accounting department, refund checks are mailed. Credit card payments will be issued a credit.
- Class changes are not permitted after the first class meeting.
- In the event of a county or state mandate limiting in-person gatherings, in-person classes will convert to virtual classes.
Medical Drop Policy
- In the case of serious illness or injury necessitating the student’s withdrawal from the school, it is the responsibility of the student to notify museum staff immediately.
- Requests will only be honored if the student submits documentation from his/ her physician that a withdrawal from the course is medically necessary.
- A tuition credit will be issued for the student to take the course in a future semester. Cash/credit card refunds will not be made.
- All students need to wait in the museum lobby until class begins. The instructor will take students to the classroom.
- It is important to arrive a few minutes before class starts.
- Please refer to the Safety Protocol page.
- Your confirmation/reminder email will include Safety Protocol details.
- Every Pearl School of Art school age student must be picked up by a parent or authorized caregiver no later than 15 minutes after the class ends. Neither the school nor its staff can be held responsible for students who are not picked up within this 15-minute window.
- Students must be picked up by an adult guardian and will not be released to a young sibling.
- In the event you have a personal emergency and are unable to arrive on time, you must call the PFMFA office at 281.376.6322 to notify an administrator or you may contact the class instructor.
- Parents should pick up students at the end of class from the main lobby. Parents can wait inside the lobby, or wait outside the entrance doors until they see their student. Please be mindful of social distancing while waiting for your student.
- Parking is available on the east side of the Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Arts and in the parking lot behind the Barbara Bush Branch Library.
Valuables & Personal Items
- The school encourages its students to leave all valuables and all personal or sentimental items at home. The PFMFA is not responsible for loss of or damage to a student’s valuables or personal items.
- No large bags or backpacks other than a small bag for art materials are allowed.
- Students may bring in water bottles with a closable lid/cap, but no other food or refreshments are permitted at this time.
- The school reserves the right to remove students from classes for behavior that is deemed to be inappropriate, dangerous, rude, distruptive, or in violation of school health and safety regulations.
- Individual instructors maintain the right to dismiss a student from a class with a prior warning, and to remove a student permanently from a class for repeated offenses.
- In the event of ongoing behavior problems, the student will be dismissed from the school with no refund and no access to further programming.
- Students may also be dismissed for nonpayment of any tuition or fees.
- In the event of inclement weather, the school makes every effort to make an announcement about class cancellations as quickly as possible. In general, the Pearl School of Art follows weather closures as posted by the Klein Independent School District when in session.
- Information regarding Pearl School of Art class cancellations will be available on the PFMFA School of Art website under the Classes page, and posted at the school when possible.
- If a class is canceled due to inclement weather, there are no refunds or make-ups un less the instructor agrees to do so depending on the schedule.
- Students are subject to temperature scans upon arrival, and are required to wear a mask for the duration of their class if they have not been vaccinated. The museum is a county building and must adhere to county mandates.
- In order to protect the health of all, the School of Art prohibits students from attending class when ill with a communicable disease or condition such as chicken pox, the flu, pink eye, or strep throat.
- The School of Art reserves the right to notify parents/guardians regarding any student who becomes ill during class and to request that said student be picked up immediately.
- The school also reserves the right to request a physician’s authorization for return to class.
- By enrolling in the program, students and their guardians acknowledge and agree that any photos, videos, pictorial images, voice recordings, or quotations including those of student taken or created by the Pearl School of Art (including without limitation any taken by any photographer or videographer paid by or volunteering for the Pearl School of Art) during or related to attending courses at the Pearl School of Art are the sole property of the Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Arts and may be used in future publications, web pages, promotions, advertisements, and exhibits of the PFMFA (or any other person authorized to use such images by the PFMFA) without the need of any additional permission from or consideration to the student or guardian.
- By enrolling in the program, students and their guardians agree to release and waive for the student, and anyone claiming through the student, all claims based on the right of privacy, right of publicity, moral rights, or any other intellectual property rights related to the rights granted by the student to the PFMFA.
- Photographs and other personally identifiable information, such as age or name, may be published by the Pearl School of Art or the PFMFA in any future publications, web pages, promotions, advertisements, or exhibits.
- By enrolling in the program, parents/guardians agree to release the Pearl School of Art and its agents and waive for the student all claims based on right of privacy or publicity and any other intellectual property rights.
- Parents/guardians may opt out of this information release without affecting their child’s enrollment in the Pearl School of Art by requesting an Information Release Form from a Pearl School of Art administrator.
- The school faculty and staff are prohibited from administering medication to children and the school does not permit medication (OTC or prescription) on campus with the exception of emergency medications complete with prescription.
- Emergency medications are defined as (1) Epi-pens and (2) asthma inhalers, and (3) insulin pumps. All emergency medications must be accompanied by a prescription from a licensed professional and must be in the original container with your child’s name and all labels intact.
- Please contact an administrator at the Pearl School of Art office at least two (2) weeks before the student starts classes so that the school may prepare appropriately.
- Parents/Guardians may visit their child at any time to administer necessary medications. The school also encourages you to consult with your child’s physician to adjust medication dosages appropriately to accommodate the class schedule.
In the case of a medical emergency, parents/guardians or other emergency contacts will be immediately notified by phone. Upon such notification, parents/guardians will have 15 minutes to arrive at the school or an ambulance will be called to transport the child to the nearest available hospital.
Use of Facilities
The school facilities are for use only by registered students. Outside visitors, including former students, are not permitted to use any of the facilities or equipment under any circumstances. Visitors are not permitted in classrooms at this time.
Camps are offered for two different age groups:
- Ages 5-8 (M-F, 9:00am-12:00pm half-day, 1:00pm-4:00 pm half-day, or all day 9:00 am until 4:00 pm)
- Ages 9-12 (M-F, 9:00am-12:00pm half-day, 1:00pm-4:00 pm half-day, or all day 9:00 am until 4:00 pm)
Camp Supplies & Snacks
All camp art supplies will be provided for campers.
In the middle of each session, campers will have a brief snack break. Campers are asked to bring their own snacks and/or drinks (in closed containers) to enjoy. All day campers must bring their own lunch.
Art ~ Education ~ Community
A donation of $5 is suggested for adult visitors.
6815 Cypresswood Dr.
Spring, Texas 77379
Phone: (281) 376-6322
Visit the Pearl