Marilyn Morgan Hillery Community Gallery
The purpose of the Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Arts Community Gallery is to provide a low-cost exhibition space in which Northwest Houston artists and artist groups can showcase original artwork. The Community Gallery is located across from the Northgate Forest Conference Room adjacent to the Main Gallery.
Examples of artist groups that can display work include art classes of any level (including schools), critique groups, and artist organizations or guilds. The artwork can be created by individuals or collaborative groups, and the space can accommodate approximately 6-10 pieces per show, dependent upon the size of the works. Exhibitions last approximately 4 weeks, with exact dates to be determined by the artist and museum staff prior to the exhibition. The Community Gallery is open to the public whenever the main galleries are open.
Read below for Community Gallery guidelines and application instructions.
The Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Arts is located on Cypresswood Drive near the intersection with Stuebner-Airline.
6815 Cypresswood Drive
Spring, TX 77379
General Museum Donations
Community Gallery Application & Instructions
- Work must be two-dimensional, protruding no more than 6 inches from the wall.
- Edges of the works must be “finished”. Framed pieces are preferred.
- Work must be securely mounted to the gallery walls, and the method of hanging must be prepared prior to the exhibition. Wires attached to the back of the piece are preferred.
Artwork will be selected according to its appropriateness for the space and the quality of the work within the respective medium. Selection is at the complete discretion of the museum staff. Selection also greatly depends upon the artist’s ability to fulfill the general requirements and provide the items listed below in the required time period. The museum staff reserves the right to alter, amend or cancel a community gallery exhibition at any time for any reason.
- Provide a complete inventory of objects in a digital format. The list should include artist name, title of the work, dimensions, media, approximate value, and an image of each work. The ‘inventory’ images do not need to be professional or high-resolution. However, the artist needs to provide,
- At least one high resolution image (300dpi+) of a piece in the exhibition to be used for publicity purposes.
- Provide a proposed title for the exhibition.
- Provide a brief artist statement describing the concept of the exhibition, and a brief biography of the artist or collaborative group.
- Provide round-trip transportation for the artwork in the exhibition.
- Artist(s) must participate in at least 1 public program at the museum during the course of the exhibition. The available programs vary based on the timing of the exhibition.
- Artist(s) may choose to have a public reception during the course of the exhibition. The division of costs will be negotiated with museum staff. The event will be open to the public and museum members.
- IMPORTANT: Artist(s) must strictly adhere to the timeline established by the museum staff.
If selected, the museum will provide the artist(s) with:
- Exhibition space.
- Hangers and tools for installation.
- Didactic panels for exhibition or object information. Please keep in mind that longer introductory/explanatory panels might limit object display space.
- Staff time for exhibition installation and de-installation.
- Exhibition publicity on the museum website, on a digital screen in museum foyer (when available), and in the museum’s email newsletter publication.
To apply e-mail to [email protected] or mail the following:
- Resume or CV, with contact information.
- Exhibition History.
- Images of work to be considered for display, with a brief description of the proposed exhibition.
- Availability of the work.
The museum staff reserves the right to alter, amend or cancel a community gallery exhibition at any time for any reason.
Art ~ Education ~ Community
A donation of $5 is suggested for adult visitors.
6815 Cypresswood Dr.
Spring, Texas 77379
Phone: (281) 376-6322
Visit the Pearl