The purpose of the Community Gallery is to showcase artwork made in the Northwest Houston area by providing a low-cost exhibition space for local artists. The Community Gallery is located across from the Northgate Forest Conference Room adjacent to the Main Gallery.
Examples of artist groups may be art classes of any level including schools, a critique group, and artist organization or guild.
- Artwork can be from a group or an individual.
- Work must be two-dimensional or “hang”-able on a wall.
- Work must be framed or have some other kind of finished edge.
- Work must be ready to hang with a device (preferably a wire) attached to the back of the piece.
- The community gallery holds approximately 6-10 pieces per show depending upon the size of the individual pieces (roughly 20 linear feet).
- Exhibitions last approximately 4 weeks depending on the exhibition calendar.
- The community gallery exhibition is open when the museum is open.
Artwork must be selected according to its appropriateness for the space and the quality of the work within the respective medium. Selection is at the completed discretion of the museum staff. Selection also greatly depends upon the artist’s ability to fulfill the general requirements and provide the items listed below in the required time period.
Artist(s) Must Provide:
- A complete checklist of objects including artist name, title of the work, dimensions, media, value
- A label for each piece of a format and material approved by museum staff
- A title for the exhibition
- A paragraph explaining the concept of the exhibition and a biography paragraph about the artist or artist group
- At least one high resolution image (300dpi+) of a piece in the exhibition to be used for publicity purposes
- Round-trip transportation for the artwork
- 1-2 skilled volunteers for the exhibition installation
Artist(s) must participate in at least 2 public programs at the museum during the course of the exhibition.
Artist(s) may choose to have a public reception during the course of the exhibition. The division of costs will be negotiated with museum staff. The event will be open to the public and museum members.
Artist(s) must adhere to the timeline established by the museum staff.
Museum will provide:
- Exhibition space
- Hangers and installation tools
- Didactic panel for Exhibition Information
- Staff time for the exhibition installation
- Exhibition publicity on the museum website and on the museum’s constant contact email notifications
To apply, submit the following by e-mail to email@example.com or mail to Rosemary Hickman, Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Arts, 6815 Cypresswood Drive, Spring, TX, 77379
- Resume, with contact information
- Exhibition History
- Images of work to be considered for display
- Availability of the work
The museum reserves the right to change the community gallery requirements at any time and without notice.